Duration 04 Nights / 05 days
Destination Covered: Kandy – Nuwara Eliya – Colombo
Colombo is Sri Lanka’s capital and largest city, Colombo, is at first glance a confusing jumble of bustling streets, modern office blocks, peeling colonial buildings, and downcast apartments. But get past the traffic fumes and you’ll find plenty to see and do. There are fine restaurants, a buzzing nightlife scene, and good museums, parks, and beautiful Buddhist temples that are all worth visiting. As an exciting blur of colors and cultures, Colombo presents a neatly packaged microcosm of this island nation.
DAY 01 : COLOMBO/PINNAWELA/KANDY
Arrive Colombo airport. Meet & greet by our local representative. Later transfer to Kandy ( 140 Km. – 2 Hrs) En – route visit the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
The Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage is one of Sri Lanka’s most popular tourist attractions. The orphanage’s population has now mushroomed to around 65, making it the world’s largest collection of captive elephants. The elephants here range in age from newborns to elderly matriarchs, and include orphaned and abandoned elephants, as well as those injured in the wild. Transfer from Pinnawala to Kandy. On arrival Kendy, check into hotel. Overnight stay at Hotel in Kandy
DAY 02 : KANDY
After breakfast proceed on the city tour of Kandy. Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Kandy which is a UNESCO world heritage site. The historic city about 480m above sea level surrounded by mountains was known to Sri Lankan as Kanda Uda Rata, which means the hill country. Kandy was home to Sri Lanka’s last independent Kingdom, which survived two centuries of colonial incursion before finally falling to the British at the beginning of the nineteenth century. Visit the Temple of the tooth, the royal Botanical Gardens, and the Peradeniya University campus. Also enjoy a panoramic view of Kandy from upper lake drive. Kandy is also famous for its shopping, gems and jewellery, handicrafts, batiks, silks etc. And you will have the opportunity of browsing to your heart’s content. Early evening, you will visit a Kandyan Dance performance and be treated to a spectacular fire walking finale. Overnight stay at Hotel in Kandy
DAY 03 : KANDY/NUWARA ELIYA
After breakfast at the Hotel, transfer from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya, visiting a tea factory and estate en route. Nuwara Eliya meaning “the city of dawn” is the town at the highest elevation (about 2000m above sea level) in Sri Lanka and its tallest peak, Piduruthalagala (2555m) could be seen from here. The city established by the British in the nineteenth century, and known as “Little England” and is a popular holiday resort for Sri Lankans & tourists due to its cool climate and quaint colonial feel with its little bungalows surrounded by hedgerows. Nuwara Eliya is also the heart of the tea country and you can visit a plantation and a factory en route here and witness how the famous “Ceylon Tea” is brewed. Overnight stay at a Hotel in Nuwara Eliya
DAY 04 : NUWARA ELIYA/ COLOMBO
After an early breakfast proceed to Colombo view the St Clair’s and Devon falls also visit the location where the Oscar winning movie “Bridge on the River Kwai” was filmed en route. Evening city and shopping tour of Colombo – Colombo is the largest city and former administrative capital of Sri Lanka and is a busy and vibrant city with a mixture of modern life and remnants of a bygone colonial era. Due to its large harbor and its strategic position along the East-West sea trade routes, Colombo was known to ancient traders 2,000 years ago. However it was only made the capital of the island when Sri Lanka was ceded to the British Empire in 1815. The main city is home to a majority of the Sri Lanka’s corporate offices, restaurants and entertainment venues. On this tour you will visit many of the historical, religious and commercial sites of Colombo including the historic and bustling Fort and Pettah, the elite residential Cinnamon Gardens, the Galle Face Green, Viharamahadevi Park and much more. Overnight stay at Hotel in Colombo
Day 05: COLOMBO DEPARTURE
After buffet breakfast at your hotel, check-out hotel. You will be picked up from the hotel at scheduled time. Leave hotel for Colombo Airport. Please wait at the Bell Captain or Concierge Counter at least 15 minutes before scheduled pick-up time.
Note: Trip cost depends on your group size, travel period and your specific tour needs. Please contact us or send us an enquiry for availability and most updated price.
- 02 Nights accommodation in Kandy as per your package preference.
- 01 Night accommodation in Nuwara Eliya as per your package preference.
- All transfers / tours and excursions on share coach basis.
- 04 Breakfast.
- 01 Night accommodation in Colombo as per your package preference.
- Air fare ( For best air fare please contact us)
- Extra activities, Guide, Camera fee charges & tips
- Meals except those listed in above inclusions
- Travel insurance
- Any other services not mentioned above inclusions.
- Govt. Service tax.
Note : Hotels mentioned in the package is subject to availability or similar range of hotel will be provide.
Terms & Conditions
- Rates are valid only for Indian Nationals Or Person Having Valid Resident/Work Permits.
- Govt. Service tax.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- The package cannot be combined with any other offer which are published by ARTS TRAVELS.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon cancellations as informed by ARTS TRAVELS.
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, public holidays, festivals, trade fairs, exhibitions, and long weekends. A surcharge will be levied and will be advised at the time of booking.
- ARTS TRAVELS reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer/package any time at its discretion and without any prior notice.
- Airline seats & hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Grant-of visa is solely on the discretion of the particular country Immigration Authority and ARTS TRAVELS is not responsible for any non-grant of visa to traveler in case of rejection of visa booking amount paid as per payment conditions will be forfeited.
- Rates are subject to change in case of change in airport taxes, hotel rates, rate of exchange, transport rates, Government taxes or entrance fees. Your final invoice will reflect these price changes and any differences will be payable at the time of making your final tour payment.
- The above prices are calculated based on the lowest available fare/rental. Prices are subject to change due to non-availability of seats / rooms category in the required class / hotel.
FOR MORE DETAILS or TO CUSTOMIZE THIS PACKAGE, PLEASE CONTACT US OR SEND ENQUIRY