Duration 05 Nights / 06 days
Destination Covered: Beijing & Shanghai
Beijing and Shanghai are the first choices for most travelers who have never been to China.
Beijing is the capital of the most populous country in the world, the People’s Republic of China, and also its second largest city after Shanghai. It was also the seat of the Ming and Qing dynasty emperors until the formation of a republic in 1911. Beijing is the political, educational and cultural centre of the country and as such it is rich in historical sites and important government and cultural institutions. The city is well known for its flatness and regular construction. There are only three hills to be found in the city limits (in Jingshan Park to the north of the famous Forbidden City).
Shanghai was the largest and most prosperous city in the Far East already during the 1930’s, and has remained the most developed city in mainland China. In the past 20 years Shanghai has again become an attractive city for tourists from all over the world.
Day 01: ARRIVE BEIJING
Arrive Beijing airport, collecting your luggage and going through the customs, you will meet your local guide at the exit. The guide will accompany you during the private transfer to the hotel and help you with the check in procedure. The rest of the day is free at leisure to restore the energy and get ready for your exciting upcoming sightseeing.
Day 02: BEIJING
Being the capital of our nation for hundreds of years, Beijing is now the center of Chinese politics, economics and culture. The first stop of your journey is Tiananmen Square which is the symbol of our country. Thus there are hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world coming here every day. The main buildings around the square are the Monument to the People’s Heroes, Great Hall of the People, Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao and the National Museum. The flag-raising ceremony held in every morning and the flag-guardian soldier are also the bright scenery on the square. Going through the Tiananmen Tower and then the Meridian Gate, you will enter the Forbidden City, the imperial palace for the last two feudal dynasties, Ming and Qing. About 2 hours walking is needed to finish the visiting of the halls and palaces on the central axis and reach the Gate of Divine Prowess. Food is always an important part of an ancient culture. We offer an a la carte lunch (Optional on an extra cost) today for you to taste the original Chinese food. In the afternoon, visit the Temple of Heaven where the emperors offered the sacrifices to the heaven and prayed for good harvest. Then a thrilling Chinese Kung Fu Show awaits you at the Red Theatre. Return to hotel. Overnight at hotel
Day 03: BEIJING
After buffet breakfast at hotel, drive about 1.5 hours to the Badaling Great Wall. As the hike takes about 2 hours, a light package and a pair of comfortable shoes are recommended. You guide will not accompany you during the climbing and you need to conquer this Wonder of the world all by yourself. When reaching the top, we believe you will be feeling great and proud. No lunch is arranged today as there are no decent dining places in the countryside. So we suggest you have a big breakfast in the morning at the hotel and bring some snacks with you. After a short rest for your brief lunch, we will take you to the Sacred Way. The stone statues of animals and people along the way are in pairs. They are the guardians and represented the power and dignity of the emperors buried in the Ming Tombs. On the way back to your hotel, you will have a chance to take pictures of the Bird’s Nest (Olympic National Stadium) and the Water Cube (National Aquatics Center). The light show at night is gorgeous. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04: BEIJING – SHANGHAI
After breakfast, check out from hotel. Later your visit starts with the Summer Palace, the largest and best preserved imperial garden in China. Constructed on the natural scenery of Kunming Lake and Wanshou Hill in the Qing Dynasty, the garden is a perfect combination between landscape and imperial palaces. Moreover, there are long corridors, stone bridges and boats, pavilions, and delicate statues. Then the guide will see you off for an afternoon high-speed train to Shanghai. The Beijing-Shanghai high-speed train was put into operation in 2011. Running at an average speed of 300km/h, the train shortens the 1,300km between the two cities to a 5-hour trip. Upon arrival at Shanghai Hongqiao railway station, meet and assist by our local representative. Later transfer to the hotel. Check into your hotel. Day free at leisure.
Day 05: SHANGHAI
Being an emerging metropolis in southern China, Shanghai is exquisite and graceful which has totally different styles and features with the magnificence of the capital city. After arrival in the morning, we would like to transfer you to the hotel for refreshing and a short rest if the early check-in was available. The day activities begin with the famous Shanghai Museum. The precious collection covers almost every aspect of the Chinese nation and history and it will take about 2 hours to have a general visit. The a la carte lunch today offers essential local cuisine which is anther flavor compare to the northern food you had in the past few days. After lunch, you will be transferred to the Old Shanghai area and visit the elegant Yuyuan Garden. Then you will have leisure time wandering on the Bund and the Nanjing Road to see the prosperousness and modernization of the city. At the end, you will also visit a distinctive old street. The guide will say goodbye after escort you back to the hotel.
Day 06 : DEPARTURE FROM SHANGHAI
After breakfast at hotel, check out from hotel. You will be picked up from the hotel at scheduled time. Depart for Shanghai Airport. Please wait at the Bell Captain or Concierge Counter at least 15 minutes before scheduled pick-up time.
Note: Trip cost depends on your group size, travel period and your specific tour needs. Please contact us or send us an enquiry for availability and most updated price.
- 03 night’s accommodation in Beijing as per your package preference.
- 02 night’s accommodation in Shanghai as per your package preference.
- All transfers / tours and excursions on share coach basis.
- 05 Breakfasts
- Air fare ( For best air fare please contact us)
- China Visa
- Extra activities, Guide, Camera fee charges & tips
- Meals except those listed in above inclusions
- Travel insurance
- Any other services not mentioned above inclusions.
- All other than those listed in above inclusions
- Govt. Service tax.
Note : Hotels mentioned in the package is subject to availability or similar range of hotel will be provide
Terms & Conditions
- Rates are valid only for Indian Nationals Or Person Having Valid Resident/Work Permits.
- Govt. Service tax.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- The package cannot be combined with any other offer which are published by ARTS TRAVELS.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon cancellations as informed by ARTS TRAVELS.
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, public holidays, festivals, trade fairs, exhibitions, and long weekends. A surcharge will be levied and will be advised at the time of booking.
- ARTS TRAVELS reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer/package any time at its discretion and without any prior notice
- Airline seats & hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Grant-of visa is solely on the discretion of the particular country Immigration Authority and ARTS TRAVELS is not responsible for any non-grant of visa to traveler in case of rejection of visa booking amount paid as per payment conditions will be forfeited.
- Rates are subject to change in case of change in airport taxes, hotel rates, rate of exchange, transport rates, Government taxes or entrance fees. Your final invoice will reflect these price changes and any differences will be payable at the time of making your final tour payment.
- The above prices are calculated based on the lowest available fare/rental. Prices are subject to change due to non-availability of seats / rooms category in the required class / hotel.
- Please contact for more details or customized this package.
FOR MORE DETAILS or TO CUSTOMIZE THIS PACKAGE, PLEASE CONTACT US OR SEND ENQUIRY