Duration: 02 Nights/03 Days
Destination: 02 Nights Matheran
Sprawling languidly at an altitude of 800 meters is Matheran – an undulating hilltop cloaked in green.
Your toy train chugs along slowly without a care in the world. During the two hour ascent, food vendors and monkeys jump on and off as the valley glides by sedately.
The cliffs of Matheran with incredibly steep drops to the plains below offer stunning viewing points. These panoramic vistas, by day and night, leave you feeling light headed. Standing at Hart Point in pitch darkness you get a breathtaking glimpse of the lights of busy Bombay. Matheran abounds in such quixotically named points. Popular sites for picnics and fireside revelry.
The old world charm of the British and Parsi home captivates you all the way up to the Charlotte Lake. On each trip through the main bazaar you purchase some of its attractions – care and leather articles, hats, chappals and the irresistible chikki loved by young and old alike.
Day 01: MATHERAN
Arrival at Dasturi Naka by road from Mumbai-Pune park the vehicle here and by trekking1.5 km reach at Matheran on arrival check into the hotel Evening free to explore the town and enjoy the cool climate of hill station o/n halt.
Day 02: MATHERAN
After breakfast & proceed to sightseeing by trekking or you can hire a horse.
Important points are:
Echo Point: This is a crucial point that offers a panoramic view of the whole place. As the name suggests, Echo point is well-known for allowing you to enjoy your echoes. This has made the place very popular amongst locals as well as tourists.
Charlotte Lake: This Lake is the main source of water supply in Matheran and a major point of the place. It is located at a distance of 1 km from the main market and looks idyllic during the monsoons, but dries up during the summers.
Louisa Point: Located on a plateau, this famous lookout point offers a spectacular view of the ruined forts of Prabal and Vishalgarh. The famous “Lion’s Head” (a rock resembling a lion’s head) is located close to it.
Alexander Point: It is a famous point located 1 km towards the north of the place. This point provides splendid views of the Garbut Point, the Chowk valley and the Ulhas River, and is a favorite among the sightseers.
King George Point: During the monsoons, water from the nearby Charlotte Lake overflows and forms various waterfalls around the place. This is the point that beautifully captures these waterfalls and hence is a popular point during the season of showers.
Sunset/Porcupine Point: Located at a distance of 4 km from the main market, this point is famous for its views of the setting sun. This point offer views of a dark forest below. Prabalgad can also be seen from this point.
Monkey Point: It is a well-known point, famous for the large number of mischievous monkeys that throng the place. The point also offers a mesmerizing view of the verdant plains below. After sightseeing return back to hotel for lunch evening free for shopping and personal activities o/n halt
Day 03: MATHERAN DEPARTURE
After breakfast, checkout from hotel and depart to Mumbai/Pune, On arrival drop at Railway station or Airport to board foe your next destination.
Note: Trip cost depends on your group size, travel period and your specific tour needs. Please contact us or send us an enquiry for availability and most updated price.
- 02 Nights accommodation at Matheran on room + breakfast basis.
- Return transfer from Mumbai/Pune
- All applicable taxes.
- Air fare / train fare.
- Any meals other than those specified in ‘Cost Includes’.
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc.
- Guide & Entrance fees during sightseeing.
- Sightseeing other than mention in Tour programmed.
- Any other item not specified in ‘cost includes’.
- Govt. Service tax
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- ARTS TRAVELS reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer/package any time at its discretion and without any prior notice.
- The package cannot be combined with any other offer which is published by ARTS TRAVELS.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon cancellations as informed by ARTS TRAVELS.
- Hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Rates are subject to change in case of change in airport taxes, hotel rates, rate of exchange, transport rates, Government taxes or entrance fees. Your final invoice will reflect these price changes and any differences will be payable at the time of making your final tour payment.
- Prices are subject to change due to non-availability of seats / rooms category in the required class / hotel.
FOR MORE DETAILS or TO CUSTOMIZE THIS PACKAGE, PLEASE CONTACT US OR SEND ENQUIRY