Duration: 03 Nights / 04 Days
Destination: 03 Nights Chikhaldara
CHIKALDARA HILL STATION: Situated at an altitude of 1118 m, Chikhaldara is the only hill resort in the Vidarbha region, and has the added distinction of being the only coffee-growing area in Maharashtra. Chikhaldara is full of deep valleys, and these valleys are full of velvet mist and majestic trees. All this makes it a very popular summer retreat. With abundance of natural scenery, exciting wildlife, breathtaking waterfalls and a placid lake, the beauty of Chikhaldara is overwhelming. The scenic beauty of Chikhaldara can be enjoyed from Hurricane Point, Prospect Point and Devi Point. It is named after “Keechaka”. This is the place where Bheema killed villainous Keechaka and threw him into the valley. It thus came to be known as “Keechakadara” – “Chikhaldara” is its corruption.
Tourist attractions around Chikaldhara:
Chikhaldara Wildlife Sanctuary: Chikhaldara Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Amravati district of Vidarbha region. This sanctuary is named after “Keechaka”.Tourists can find Panthers, Sloth Bears, Sambar, and Wild Boar. One can even spot Wild Dogs over here.
Melghat Tiger Reserve: Melghat Tiger Reserve is located in Chikhaldara and Dharni tehsils of Amravati district in Satpuda hill range. This tiger reserve of 1676.93-sq-km is one of the last remaining habitats of Indian tiger in Maharashtra.
Wan Sanctuary: Wan sanctuary is located in Melghat area of Amravati District. It is an extension to the Melghat Sanctuary on southeastern part. This area is part and parcel of Melghat and is rich in flora and fauna biodiversity. The hilly rugged terrain possesses Tropical Dry Deciduous forests.
Gavilgadh Fort: Shrouded in mist and myths is the Gavali tribal fort of Gavilgad or Gavaligad, on the Chikhaldara plateau, now under the Melghat Tiger Project. Featured in the epic, the Mahabharata, this is the place where Bheema killed the villainous Keechaka in a Herculean bout and then threw him into the valley. It thus came to be known as Keechakadara – Chikhaldara is its corruption.
Bhimkund: Located 1.5 km from the village, this is the place where Bheema is said to have washed his hands in a pond after killing Keechaka. A 3500-foot deep valley and a stream on the left of the valley are the attractions
Devi Mandir: This point is nearer to the Shakkar Lake, the cave temple lays under three huge slabs of rock. Water from the Shakkar Lake continuously seeps through the ceiling of the cave.
Shakkar Lake: This Lake is near Devi point. It is on the way to Gavilgad fort. Boating is available here
Hariken Point: It is situated at southern region of the upper plateau of Chikhaldara near government garden. One can see the Gavilgarh fort, Mozari village, Vairat hills and the huge area of the under the hills side.
Sunset Point: The point is situated on the Vairat hills at Vairat. Which is considered to be King’s Vairatcapital in the Mahabharata era? Sunset is very attractive to see. Chikhaldara in the east from here and on west lays the numerous hill ranges befitting the name Satpuda’s
Panchbol Point: This is one of the famous and important points, the five hills edges are connected naturally and it becomes a common huge valley, sound echoes five times hence its called panch valley…
Day 01: MUMBAI / PUNE – CHIKHALDARA
On arrival Mumbai / Pune/ Nagpur / Amravati, Meet & assist by our local representative. Later depart to Chikhaldara. On arrival check into Hotel. Day free at leisure or to explore city on your own. Overnight at hotel in Chikhaldara.
Day 02: CHIKHALDARA
After breakfast at the hotel & proceed to local sightseeing evening free for shopping or rest in hotel. Overnight at hotel in Chikhaldara.
Day 03: CHIKHALDARA
After breakfast at hotel proceed to Melghat Wild life sanctuary. Later return to hotel. Overnight at hotel in Chikhaldara.
Day 04: CHIKHALDARA DEPARTURE
After breakfast at hotel, check out from hotel and depart to Mumbai / Pune / Nagpur, On arrival drop att Airport / Railway Station to board for your next destination.
Note: Trip cost depends on your group size, travel period and your specific tour needs. Please contact us or send us an enquiry for availability and most updated price.
- 03 Nights accommodation at Bhandardara on room + breakfast basis.
- Return transfer from Mumbai/Pune/ Nagpur
- All applicable taxes.
- Air fare / train fare.
- Any meals other than those specified in ‘Cost Includes’.
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc.
- Guide & Entrance fees during sightseeing.
- Sightseeing other than mention in Tour programmed.
- Any other item not specified in ‘cost includes’.
- Govt. Service tax
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- ARTS TRAVELS reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer/package any time at its discretion and without any prior notice.
- The package cannot be combined with any other offer which is published by ARTS TRAVELS.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon cancellations as informed by ARTS TRAVELS.
- Hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Rates are subject to change in case of change in airport taxes, hotel rates, rate of exchange, transport rates, Government taxes or entrance fees. Your final invoice will reflect these price changes and any differences will be payable at the time of making your final tour payment.
- Prices are subject to change due to non-availability of seats / rooms category in the required class / hotel.
FOR MORE DETAILS or TO CUSTOMIZE THIS PACKAGE, PLEASE CONTACT US OR SEND ENQUIRY