Duration: 02 Night / 03 Days
Destination: 02 Nights at Bhandardara
Bhandardara – Nestled among the Sahayadri Hills, Bhandardara has all the makings of a beautiful holiday resort. Sky-high mountains, roaring waterfalls and lush greenery throughout the year, attract tourists from all over. The best way to get to the hill station is by road from Mumbai. (180 km), enjoying the scenic beauty of the Kasara Ghat and tasting the local food at the highway side Dhabbas. Just a few miles after Igatpuri take a right turn and enter a small town know as Ghoti. Then take a single narrow road to reach to the top of the hill which takes hardly an hour of your time. But this 1 hr journey will be a treat to the nature lover. Lots of greenery around, sight of mountains covered with fog/clouds, and breath taking beautiful valley will sweep you off your feet there are lots of attractions in and around the hill station. To name a few: Wislon dam, Arthur lake, Ratangarh fort, Amruteshwar Temple etc .As legend has it, ShriAgasti Rishi meditated here for a year, surviving only on water and air. Pleased with this display of devotion. God came down to Earth and blessed Shri Agasti Rishi with a stream of the Ganga River, which is now known as the Pravara River.
Day 01: MUMBAI / PUNE – BHANDARDARA
On arrival Mumbai / Pune airport or railway station, Meet & assist by our local representative. Later depart for Bhandardara. On arrival check into Hotel. Day free at leisure or explore city on your own. Overnight at Bhandardara hotel.
Day 02: BHANDARDARA
After breakfast at hotel proceed for full day sightseeing featuring –
Built in 1910 on the Pravara-River and standing 150 mts high, Wilson Dam is the largest earthen dam in India. At the base of Wilson Dam there is a garden endowed with thick greenery, streams and gigantic trees- the latter, home to hundreds of harmless fruit bats that hand precariously from the branches all through the day. During the monsoon, when the level of the lake rises, the dam opens its gates to release a torrent of water that find its way down to the plains below.
You could stand at the edge of the garden embankment and enjoy the cool spray, or visit the picturesque Umbrella Falls, which are another major attraction during the monsoon.
The lake is fed by Pravara River and is around 10 Km from the town. Boating in deep and clear water of the wondrous lake with sights of clouds covered mountains on the background is truly breathtaking. Local people ply row boat for the tourists and per ride per person they charge Rs.20/-
At 1,646 mts, Mount Kasugai is the highest peak in Maharashtra A favorite of trekkers; it had great strategic importance during the Maratha wars as an observation post. There is a small temple at the top with an old well in its backyard. It is said that the water level in the well has never dropped below 3ft.The peak can be seen on the way from Ghoti to Bandardara, full of fog and clouds it’s a delight to watch it and lose yourself in its beauty.
This ancient fort was captured by Shivaji and is believed to be one of his favorite. It’s very popular among trekkers and nature lovers and offers breathe taking views from the top. The trek starts from a small and ancient temple, Ratanvadi. According to local legend, the water in the temple never falls below 3 ft and the Shivlinga is always covered with water throughout the year. It’s also believed to be source of a river. Hire a guide from the temple (Rs. 200). Guide is the only person who knows the way to the top. Without him you will be a rudderless ship. More than 5 streams have to be crossed on the way to the top. Take something to eat preferably candies to give instant energy and water is a must unless you are comfortable drinking stream water. The whole trek takes around 5-6 hrs and its worth going for it. It’s a once in a life time experience and you will get refreshed on reaching the top. There is small temple in a cave just before the most difficult terrain begins. The top of the mountain offers breathtaking view of the whole valley.
Day 03: BHANDARDARA DEPARTURE
After breakfast, check out from hotel and depart to Mumbai / Pune, on arrival drop at Airport or Railway Station to board for your next destination.
Note: Trip cost depends on your group size, travel period and your specific tour needs. Please contact us or send us an enquiry for availability and most updated price.
- 02 Nights accommodation at Bhandardara on room + breakfast basis
- Return airport / railway station transfer from Mumbai / Pune.
- All applicable taxes.
- Air fare / train fare.
- Any meals other than those specified in ‘Cost Includes’.
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc.
- Guide & Entrance fees during sightseeing.
- Sightseeing other than mention in Tour programmed.
- Any other item not specified in ‘cost includes’.
- Govt. Service tax
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- ARTS TRAVELS reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer/package any time at its discretion and without any prior notice.
- The package cannot be combined with any other offer which is published by ARTS TRAVELS.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon cancellations as informed by ARTS TRAVELS.
- Hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Rates are subject to change in case of change in airport taxes, hotel rates, rate of exchange, transport rates, Government taxes or entrance fees. Your final invoice will reflect these price changes and any differences will be payable at the time of making your final tour payment.
- Prices are subject to change due to non-availability of seats / rooms category in the required class / hotel.
FOR MORE DETAILS or TO CUSTOMIZE THIS PACKAGE, PLEASE CONTACT US OR SEND ENQUIRY