Duration : 05 Nights & 06 Days
Destination Covered : Phnom Penh – Battambang
As a city Battambang is not particularly old although there is evidence of occupation in the area for over 1000 years. It was established as an important trading city sometime in the 18th century. In 1795 Thailand annexed much of north western Cambodia including the provinces of Battambang and Siem Reap and Thai rule lasted until 1907 when the province was ceded to the French to be part of their Indochina colony. Much of the architecture still seen today in the centre of the town dates from the first half of the twentieth century. Development was halted by the Second World War when Battambang once again fell under Thai administration but continued rapidly after Independence in 1953.
Day 01 : PHNOM PENH ARRIVAL
Upon arrival at the airport, Meet & assist by our local representative. Later transfer you to the hotel for check in. Rest day is free at leisure. Overnight at hotel in Phnom Penh
Day 02: PHNOM PENH – BATTAMBANG (B/L)
Breakfast at the hotel. Pick up at your hotel and depart for Battambang by overland transfer (290 km. 4-5 hrs drive). Stop at the Silversmith village, see the pottery manufactories in Kompong Chhnang and visit also a fish market. Arrive in Battambang, and check-in at the hotel. Walk through the town to discover its beautiful colonial architecture. Overnight at hotel in Battambang.
Day 03: BATTAMBANG (B/L)
Breakfast at the hotel: Drive along the picturesque Sangker River to Wat Slaket Pagoda, the residence of the provincial Buddhist patriarch Continue to visit Wat Ek Phnom. Visit a market where Prahoc, the Cambodian fish paste, is made. Visit the Provincial Museum (closed on Saturdays / Sundays) and the local market. Drive to Phnom Banon,with its five sandstone towers on top of a hill and enjoy a magnificent view of the surrounding plains until sunset. The same afternoon, we are also enjoying bamboo train village with a great experiences of sliding on this funny train. Overnight at hotel in Battambang
Day 04: BATTAMBANG (B/L)
Breakfast at hotel, Today we visit Phnom Sampeou Mountain, steeped in legend, and topped by Wat Sampeou and a group of caves used as ‘killing caves’ by the Khmer Rouge, containing the skeletal remains of their victims. We will also visit natural caves including spectacular. Ask about the legend of Neang Rumsay Sok. We continue further to visit the great man-hand-made water dam during Khmer Rouge time – Komping Pouy Basin. Kamping Pouy Bassin is located between two mountains Phnom Ku or Phnom Ta Ngen and Phnom Kamping Pouy – in Ta NgetVillage, Ta Kream Srok commune, about 35 kilometers west of the provincial town. This gigantic civil-engineering project was central to the Khmer Rouge’s plan to irrigate the countryside around Battambang. Tragically, the construction of the Kamping Puoy Reservoir resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands of people. Unlike the victims of S21 andChoeung Ek most of the deaths on the Kamping Puoy project were caused by malnutrition, disease, Overwork or mistreatment. The deaths were in short, preventable. Return back to town. Overnight in Battambang
Day 05: BATTAMBANG – PHNOM PENH (B/D)
Breakfast at the hotel – Transfer back to Phnom Penh following the same route. In the afternoon, we discover Phnom Penh’s Psar Toul Tom Pong, known as the Russian Market, a great place to hunt for souvenirs, curios, and silks. Then we continue to visit Areya Ksart by taking boat trip and visit the local village. Tonight you enjoy a farewell dinner at the local restaurant. Overnight in Phnom Penh.
Day 06: PHNOM PENH DEPARTURE
After buffet breakfast at your hotel, check-out hotel. You will be picked up from the hotel at scheduled time. Leave hotel for Airport. Please wait at the Bell Captain or Concierge Counter at least 15 minutes before scheduled pick-up time.
Note: Trip cost depends on your group size, travel period and your specific tour needs. Please contact us or send us an enquiry for availability and most updated price.
- Hotel accommodation with daily breakfast.
- Sightseeing with an English speaking guide
- Private transportation
- Entrance fee to any applicable tourist sites
- All transfers with our A/C transport
- Meals as indicated (B=breakfast, L= Lunch, D=dinner)
- Bamboo train
- Boat cruise as mentioned.
- Air fare ( For best air fare please contact us)
- Extra activities, Guide, Camera fee charges & tips
- Meals except those listed in above inclusions
- Travel insurance
- Any other services not mentioned above inclusions.
- Govt. Service tax.
Note : Hotels is subject to availability or similar range of hotel will be provide.
Terms & Conditions
- Rates are valid only for Indian Nationals Or Person Having Valid Resident/Work Permits.
- Govt. Service tax.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- The package cannot be combined with any other offer which are published by ARTS TRAVELS.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon cancellations as informed by ARTS TRAVELS.
- The above package is not valid during national holidays, public holidays, festivals, trade fairs, exhibitions, and long weekends. A surcharge will be levied and will be advised at the time of booking.
- ARTS TRAVELS reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer/package any time at its discretion and without any prior notice.
- Airline seats & hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Grant-of visa is solely on the discretion of the particular country Immigration Authority and ARTS TRAVELS is not responsible for any non-grant of visa to traveler in case of rejection of visa booking amount paid as per payment conditions will be forfeited.
- Rates are subject to change in case of change in airport taxes, hotel rates, rate of exchange, transport rates, Government taxes or entrance fees. Your final invoice will reflect these price changes and any differences will be payable at the time of making your final tour payment.
- The above prices are calculated based on the lowest available fare/rental. Prices are subject to change due to non-availability of seats / rooms category in the required class / hotel.
- Please contact for more details or customized this package.
FOR MORE DETAILS or TO CUSTOMIZE THIS PACKAGE, PLEASE CONTACT US OR SEND ENQUIRY