Duration: 3 Nights / 4 Days
Aurangabad: The capital city of the then Marathwada region it is a take-off point for tours to the famous stone-carved cave temples of Ajanta and Ellora. It is now also a major industrial centre of Maharashtra.
Aurangabad district is one of the 35 districts in the Maharashtra state of western India and the only Tourist district of India having two heritage monuments to its credit. The caves of Ajanta and Ellora are designated as UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Aurangabad District is rich in historical monuments and heritage including Ajanta, Ellora, Daulatabad and Bibi Ka Maqbara. Besides this, there are large number of caves of exquisite beauty at Aurangabad caves and Pitalkhora.
Just a few years ago named fastest growing city of Asia, the city’s rate of development has rocketed once more over the last five years, resulting in a newly developed international airport, several huge shopping complexes and malls, multiplex cinema halls, five star hotels and a wide range of specialty restaurants throughout the city. With its warm and hospitable nature, the city of Aurangabad invites you to spend a perfect holiday.
PLACES OF ATTRACTION:
Bibi Ka Maqbara: This is the monument for which Aurangabad is best known probably because it was obviously intended to rival the Taj Mahal which it imitates. It is the only example of Moghul architecture of its kind in the Deccan plateau. It was built in 1679 by Aurangzeb’s son in tribute to his mother Begum Rabia Durani Rabic-ud-Duvani.
Mention may also be made here of the Sunheri Mahal situated to the north of Bibi ka Maqbara. This is a notable building in the late Mughal style. It is of interest for the patches of old paintings and gold work that adorn the walls.
Pan Chakki: A 17th century watermill that takes its name from the mill which used to grind grain for the pilgrims. The water distribution system built in 1695 was the engineering feat of Malik Ambar architect of Aurangabad city. The watermill is fed from a large rectangular reservoir. This has an artificial cascade on one side which supplies water to the north-west corner Of the mill. Ceramic pipes then conduct water to the lower chamber of the mill rotating an iron fan that results in the movement of the grind stone in the upper chamber. In 1624 a Sufi saint a spiritual guide to Aurangzeb was buried here. The gardens with its several fish tanks serve as his memorial.
Day 01: AURANGABAD
Arrive Aurangabad, Meet & assist on arrival. Later transfer to your hotel. Evening free at leisure. Overnight Hotel.
Day 02: AURANGABAD
After breakfast at hotel, enjoy a full day tour of Ajanta Caves. Visit most of the twenty-nine temples carved out of a horseshoe-shaped cliff by Buddhist monks. The caves are adorned by remarkable sculptures and vividly colored frescoes which have been preserved for over 2,000 years.
Day 03: AURANGABAD
After breakfast at hotel, Morning tour the extraordinary caves of Ellora, carved by Buddhist, Hindu and Jain monks between 7th and 13th centuries. Three million cubic feet of stone was chiseled away to create a giant monolithic temple considered one of the wonders of the ancient World. The afternoon is free at Aurangabad, later transfer to the airport.
Day 04 – AURANGABAD DEPARTURE
After breakfast, Check out from hotel. Later depart for airport / railway station to board for your next destination.
Note: Trip cost depends on your group size, travel period and your specific tour needs. Please contact us or send us an enquiry for availability and most updated price.
TOUR PACKAGE INCLUSIONS
- Welcome drink on arrival (non alcoholic).
- Accommodation on Room + Breakfast basis.
- Inclusive of all taxes.
- Sightseeing as per itinerary. (Subject to transportation book through us).
- Air/ Train fare.
- Airport taxes.
- Extra activities, Guide, Camera fee charges & tips
- Meals except those listed in above inclusions
- Travel insurance
- Any other services not mentioned above inclusions.
- All other than those listed in above inclusions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- ARTS TRAVELS reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer/package any time at its discretion and without any prior notice.
- The package cannot be combined with any other offer which is published by ARTS TRAVELS.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon cancellations as informed by ARTS TRAVELS.
- Hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Rates are subject to change in case of change in airport taxes, hotel rates, rate of exchange, transport rates, Government taxes or entrance fees. Your final invoice will reflect these price changes and any differences will be payable at the time of making your final tour payment.
- Prices are subject to change due to non-availability of seats / rooms category in the required class / hotel.
FOR MORE DETAILS or TO CUSTOMIZE THIS PACKAGE, PLEASE CONTACT US OR SEND ENQUIRY