Duration : 02 Nights / 03 Days
Destination: 01 Night Alibaug & 01 Night Murud Hotel/Resort
Murud beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the Alibaug region. With a vast expanse of soft sand beach with the Murud Janjira silhouetting the horizon Murud paints a pretty picture and is a great weekend destination. A temple dedicated to Dattatreya is located atop a hillock in Murud. Though Murud is comparatively much farther away than other Alibaug beaches the longer travel time is definitely worth the effort.
Day 01: MUMBAI / PUNE – ALIBAUG
On arrival Mumbai / Pune airport or railway station, Meet & assist by our local representative. Later depart for Alibaug (145 Km from Mumbai & 148 Km from Pune) on arrival check into the hotel. Post lunch visit to Kulaba Fort in the Sea. Then Proceed to Aksa, Nagaon beach, Sasawane beach, Varsoli beach, Revdanda port & Kihim beach evening return to Alibaug. Evening at Alibaug beach & Overnight at Alibaug.
Day 02: ALIBAUG – MURUD
After breakfast at hotel, check out from hotel and proceeds to Kashid beach. Kashid is an offbeat destination which is growing in popularity in travelers’ itineraries. Sandwiched between two rocky hillocks, Kashid Beach on the shores of the Arabian Sea is one of the most beautiful stretches in the Konkan region of Maharashtra .White sand beaches fringed by casuarinas trees and back dropped by mountains, paddy fields and rivulets, is the special charm of this coastal strip.Kashid is135 Km from Mumbai and 30 Km from Alibaug and 27km from Murud. The drive from Alibaug to Kashid is the perfect way to capture the picturesque rural scenery. After Kashid beach proceed to Murud City and check in at hotel / resort evening is free to spend on Murud beach. Overnight at Murud.
Day 03: MURUD – MUMBAI / PUNE
After breakfast, check out from hotel & proceed to Janjira Fort. It is Situated on a rock of oval shape near the port town of Murud,165kms south of Mumbai, Janjira is one of the strongest marine forts of India (the word ‘Janjira’ is a corruption of the Arabic word Jazira for island).This is approached by sailboats from Rajapuri jetty. The main gate of the fort faces Rajapuri on the shore and can be seen only when one is quite close to it. It has a small postern gate towards the open sea for escape. The fort has 19 rounded bastions, still intact. There are many canons of native and European make rusting on the bastions. Now in ruins, the fort in its heyday had all necessary facilities, e.g. palaces, quarters for officers, mosque, a big fresh water tank, etc. On the outer wall flanking the main gate, there is a sculpture depicting a tiger- like beast clasping elephants in its claws. This sculpture its meaning difficult to interpret, appears on many fort-gates of Maharashtra. Originally the fort was small wooden structure built by a Koli chief in the late 15th century. It was captured by Pir Khan, a general of Nizamshah of Ahmednagar. Later the fort was strengthened by Malik Ambar, the Abyssinian Siddi regent of Ahmednagar kings. From then onward Siddis became independent, owing allegiance to Adilshah and the Mughals as dictated by the times. Despite their repeated attempts, the Portuguese, the British and the Marathas failed to subdue the Siddi power. Shivaji’s all attempts to capture Janjira fort failed due to one reason or the other. When Sambhaji also failed, he built another island fort, known as Kansa or Padmadurg, just 9kms north of Janjira. The Janjira state came to an end after 1947. The palace of the Nawabs of Janjira at Murud is still in good shape. After Janjira fort return back to Mumbai / Pune on arrival drop at Airport / Railway Station to board for your next destination.
Note: Trip cost depends on your group size, travel period and your specific tour needs. Please contact us or send us an enquiry for availability and most updated price.
- 02 Nights accommodation at Murud-Janjira/Alibaug on room + breakfast basis.
- Return transfer from Mumbai/Pune
- All applicable taxes.
- Air fare / train fare.
- Any meals other than those specified in ‘Cost Includes’.
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc.
- Guide & Entrance fees during sightseeing.
- Sightseeing other than mention in Tour programmed.
- Any other item not specified in ‘cost includes’.
- Govt. Service tax
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- ARTS TRAVELS reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer/package any time at its discretion and without any prior notice.
- The package cannot be combined with any other offer which is published by ARTS TRAVELS.
- Refund on cancellation depends upon cancellations as informed by ARTS TRAVELS.
- Hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Rates are subject to change in case of change in airport taxes, hotel rates, rate of exchange, transport rates, Government taxes or entrance fees. Your final invoice will reflect these price changes and any differences will be payable at the time of making your final tour payment.
- Prices are subject to change due to non-availability of seats / rooms category in the required class / hotel.
FOR MORE DETAILS or TO CUSTOMIZE THIS PACKAGE, PLEASE CONTACT US OR SEND ENQUIRY